People of 20four7VA: Anabella
Welcome to the People of 20four7VA series! Every month, we chat with a member of the team and find out what they do at 20four7VA, what keeps them here, and how they make remote work work.
If you’ve joined any of 20four7VA’s Career Nights, you probably recognize Anabella Andrade, our Recruitment Marketing Specialist and webinar host extraordinaire. Anabella joined the 20four7VA team in 2020 and has since become an integral part of the company’s marketing, recruitment, and business development efforts.
When she’s not working, Ana loves cooking (“Doesn’t matter what mood I’m in, cooking always makes me feel better!”), watching TV shows or movies (When Harry Met Sally is a favorite), and going on long walks (“I love the feeling of a long walk after a long day!”). Read on for more about Ana.
What do you do at 20four7VA?
I’m 20four7VA’s Recruitment Marketing Specialist. I work closely with the Recruitment, Business Development, and Digital Marketing teams to spread the word about the job opportunities at 20four7VA and to help build our talent pool. I’ve also been hosting our Career Nights, which is a webinar series where we try to educate aspiring virtual assistants (VAs) about the industry, the perks of remote work, and what they need to do if they want to work with 20four7VA.
What made you decide to work with 20four7VA?
I had to leave my previous job because of the pandemic. When I saw what 20four7VA was doing, I said to myself “I need to be part of this!” It’s so smart! Being able to work from the comfort of your home, not having to commute to the office, and having more time with my family and friends — there were so many benefits compared with my previous job experiences!
What excites you about working with 20four7VA?
The most exciting part is being able to learn new things all the time! I know it sounds like “the right answer” but I started as an entry-level VA and worked my way to this new position with the help of a lot of coworkers and supervisors who liked my profile and thought that I would be able to do more. I started reading and studying about marketing, new technologies, influencers, social media, etc., and I’ve been able to use what I’ve learned to help improve the company’s recruitment marketing projects.
What’s one thing that people should know about outsourcing/virtual staffing?
I would say that training is important. Even if the VA had similar tasks in the past, training from the new client is always welcome. Knowing how the client likes things done and the way they expect us to handle certain software, deadlines, expected growth, feedback — all that is important.
What are your top 3 tips for successful outsourcing/virtual staffing?
- Give yourself time to find the right VA. Don’t rush the process. It’s important that you feel comfortable with the person who will be taking care of parts of your business.
- Be ready to give and receive feedback. VAs need to know what we can improve, and that is much easier when we know what we need to focus on and how. It’s also very useful to ask the VA for feedback. Some VAs have a lot of experience and have done this before so they have some tips that might be useful. And some VAs are new to your type of business so they might come with fresh ideas.
- Be clear. Let your VA know what you want and what you need. Communication is key.
What’s one thing that every VA/remote worker has to know?
Be ready to struggle! Virtual assistant work may look easy (and it can be!), but if you’re not used to being a remote worker, you will feel lost for a while. Try to find a good rhythm for you, respect your working hours, but also your resting period.
What are your top 3 remote work tips?
- If you have to work in different time zones, use the widget on your phone that shows the time zones you need to manage. That way, you’ll never be late.
- Set goals for yourself and give yourself feedback. Don’t be hard, but be fair.
- Create a workspace that you feel comfortable in. You’re not in an office; there’s no one around who will tell you not to put a plant or that action figure on your desk. Make it pretty!
Thanks, Ana! 😊
Want to work with a company that will give you a pathway to growing your VA career? If the answer is yes, we’d love to work with you! Explore our open jobs or get in touch! We’re always excited to find global remote talent like you!