20four7VA is a leading virtual recruiting and staff placement company specializing in Remote Staffing Solutions. It was originally started in 2010 by Catherine and Tim vanVonno in order to serve the needs of their own business. Since then, 20four7VA has grown into a global company with clients from 199 cities, 10 countries, 6 continents.
20four7VA would not be where it is today without its President & CEO, Catherine vanVonno. However, even though the disparity between men and women in the workplace is slowly decreasing, there are still markedly fewer women in higher-level positions. For example, while there are more women running Fortune 500 companies today than at any point in the history of the Fortune 500, only 6.6% of those companies are led by women.
In honor of its President & CEO, 20four7VA will be offering a $500 scholarship to a female student who is pursuing or is planning to pursue higher education in fields relating to Business Administration or Development. The scholarship is open to all female high school seniors and college undergraduates for the 2021-2022 academic year and every year thereafter. With this scholarship, 20four7VA aims to support the idea that executive-level careers should be available to everyone.
One $500 scholarship will be awarded annually.
The award will sent by check to the scholarship recipient’s permanent mailing address; or, if required by the school, paid through the Financial Aid or Scholarships department of the winner’s college or university.
The 20four7VA Scholarship is open to all students who meet the following criteria:
- Student must be (a) a high school senior and planning on attending college after graduation or (b) an undergraduate and planning on enrolling in the subsequent semester or academic year
- Student must be pursuing or must be interested in pursuing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field such as one of the following: Human Resource Management, Business Communication, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Labor Studies and Employment Relations
- Student must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent
- Student must be currently enrolled at an accredited academic institution in the United States or its territories
- Student must agree that 20four7VA may announce his/her name and college/university on its website and social media accounts
- Student must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
Applications must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject “Scholarship Application for [Name of Student]. The email must include the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Name and website of college or university
- Major (if applicable)
- Target enrollment date
- High school graduation date
- Copy of current academic transcript
- A 1000-word essay about one of the following topics:
- Remote Work: The Future of the Workforce
- How Remote Work Contributes to Workforce Inclusivity
- The Economic Impact of Remote Work
All scholarship applications must be received by November 1st annually.
The winner of the scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year will be announced on January 2021. Winners will be notified through email within three (3) days of the announcement.