People of 20four7VA: Ara
Welcome to the People of 20four7VA series! Every month, we chat with a member of the team and find out what they do at 20four7VA, what keeps them here, and how they make remote work work.
This month, let’s get to know Ara, who fills not one but two(!) critical roles at 20four7VA: Trainer and Social Media Marketing Manager.
Let’s hear more from Ara!
What do you do at 20four7VA?
I have a couple of roles at the company. I started out as a Trainer with the Training Team. As a Trainer, I conduct one-on-one assessment interviews with applicants and VAs to prepare them for endorsement to clients. I’m also involved in the creation of training modules for our VAs. Then, in 2022, I joined the Digital Marketing Team. As the Social Media Marketing Manager, I oversee our social media projects and create content for our social media pages.
What’s your favorite thing about working with 20four7VA?
- Being able to express and practice my creativity.
- Working with awesome and talented managers and teammates.
- No politics and no micromanaging.
- There is always room for growth.
What’s one thing that every VA/remote worker has to know?
When trying to determine your niche, focus on your strengths. Your niche has to be something that you enjoy doing. Figure out what your best skills are and invest time and effort into improving those skills.
What’s one thing that people should know about outsourcing/virtual staffing?
Outsourcing is a worthwhile investment. You get your time back: having a VA allows you to focus on your most important tasks so that you can grow your business without having to do everything yourself. You also get your life back: having a VA means there’s someone who can run your business while you go on vacation or spend some time on a hobby or with your family.
What are your top 3 tips for those starting their remote work journey?
- Competition is always high. To stand out, you need to invest in yourself and level up your skills. Invest in a really good computer as well; this is your money-making machine. Make sure you have high-speed internet too.
- Don’t be afraid to take on bigger tasks. Allow yourself to take challenges. You learn nothing from doing easy tasks. Your comfort zone is where your dreams go to die.
- Embrace your mistakes. If you learn from them, they’ll lead you to the life you’ve been dreaming of.
What made you decide to work with 20four7VA?
- The flexibility to work from home at your own pace
- Being able to practice and express my creativity with no micromanaging involved
- Boss Cath being a sincere, transparent, encouraging, and empathic leader
- Working with an amazing and talented team
- Competitive weekly salary in dollars
What’s a motto/philosophy you live by?
“Eventually, all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.” -Albert Schweitzer
What do you do to unwind after a long day at work?
Take a long nice bath, order a nice choco java chip frappe, and listen to anything Rihanna.
Thanks for chatting with us, Ara! 😊
Are you looking to jumpstart your VA career? We’d love to work with you! Explore our job openings, or send us your inquiries! We’re always eager to find remote talent like you!