Social Media Cheat Sheet for Small Business Owners
The promotional campaigns you implement should tailor your company’s needs and goals. By following any trend or advice without ensuring that it’s set for the same scale as your company, you’ll end up bleeding your funds dry. This goes even for social media which are now prominently positioned in online business marketing.
Because updates are being churned out by social networks every now and then, it’s important to be on top of things. Check out this social media cheat sheet for small business owners.
Online shoppers respond well to visual content. That is why it’s only crucial that you use the right dimensions for every image you use on your profiles. The layout for every network is different, so here’s a guide for the right image sizes to use in different platforms:
- Must be 180 x 180 pixels
- Profile photo will be displayed as 160 x 160 pixels
Thumbnail of profile photo will be displayed throughout network at 32 x 32 pixels
Must be 820 x 310 pixels – photo will appear on page with these dimensions
- Photos with lower pixels will be stretched
- Smartphones display cover photos as 640 x 360
- It’s best to upload images with text or logo in PNG format
Must be 1200 x 360 pixels
- Images appear in feed at 470 pixels max width
- Images appear on page at 504 pixels max width
Must be 1200 x 627 pixels
- Square photo is at 154 x 154 pixels in feed and 116 x 116 on timeline
- Note that photo with lower dimensions will be scaled by Facebook so it’s best to use photo with higher resolution.
- Must be 400 x 400 pixels
- File size should be 100 KB max
- Must be 1500 x 500 pixels
- File size should be 10 MB Max
- Must be 440 x 220 pixels
- Displayed in stream at 506 x 253 pixels
- File size is 5 MB Max for images and 3 MB Max for GIFs
- Must be 110 x 110 pixels
- Must be at 1:1 aspect ratio
- As of the latest update, Instagram photos are at 1080 x 1080
- Photos are scaled down by Instagram to 612 x 612 pixels
- Photos are displayed in feed at 510 x 510 pixels
- Must be 750 x 1334 pixels
- Must be 165 x 165 pixels (on homepage)
- Profile photos are displayed at 32 x 32 on feed
- Maximum photo size is 10 MB. Photos larger than this can’t be uploaded
Board Display Images:
- Large thumbnails are at 222 x 150 pixels
- Small thumbnails are at 55 x 55 pixels
- Main page pins are displayed at 238 pixels while the height is scaled
- Pins on board are at 238 pixels with scaled height
- Expanded pins are displayed at 600 pixels minimum width with scaled height
Channel Profile photo:
- Must be 800 x 800 pixels
- Photos are displayed at 98 x 98 pixels
Channel Cover photo:
- 2560 x 423 pixels for desktop
- 1546 x 423 pixels for mobile phones
- 1855 x 423 pixels for tablets
- Must be 1280 x 720 pixels
- Videos should be at 16:9 aspect ratio
- Dimensions must be kept at least 1280 x 720 pixels for HD Quality
- Images captured in the app have 1080 x 1920 pixels
- When using customized geofilters, follow the same size to be properly applied to photos
- Must be 250 x 250 pixels
- Minimum size should be 120 x 120 pixels
- Must be 1080 x 608 pixels
- Must be 150 x 150 pixels
- Must be 497 x 279 pixels
To get the dimensions right, you can use online photo editors such as Canva and Pixlr.com.
Of course, it takes more than just posting the right image dimensions to get a strong social media presence. To schedule posts, answer messages promptly, and moderate comments, you need a social media VA (virtual assistant) to handle your accounts.
Thankfully, outsourcing social media management tasks to an online assistant is no longer just for big companies. Staffing companies such as 20Four7VA assist small-scale businesses in finding their virtual assistant.
20Four7VA recognizes the challenge of effectively managing an online business – and we are very eager to help. Our company specializes in eCommerce VIRTUAL STAFFING SOLUTIONS, providing customizable and scalable solutions to small, medium, and large enterprise business owners so they can focus on growing their business.
Ready to have access to incredible people with incredible skills in the most cost-effective way? Give us a call at our toll free number 1 (443) 856-4882 today!