25 Tips and Tricks to Getting Things Done Faster
In an ideal world, you’ll wake up each day brimming with positive energy. In this perfect setup, you’ll always accomplish your tasks and obligations in an efficient manner. But in the real world, this is never the case.
Try as you might, you’re still only human. There will be days when you’ll feel drained of every ounce of your strength. This is why you have slow days that hinder you from reaching maximum productivity. The good news is there’s a way to counter this.
Here are 25 tips and tricks to get things done faster:
- Sleep better. Good quality sleep is vital if you want to stick around in the VA industry. Getting enough shut-eye will help you perform better and will lessen the chances of burnout.
- Wake up earlier. It sounds simple, but waking up earlier allows you to have more time to spend working in a day. Try to consistently wake up at the same hour each day so it becomes a lasting habit.
- Meditate. After waking up each day, devote at least five minutes for meditation. This will help you regain peace and calm.
- Visualize. Visualizing your goals will help you stay motivated and inspired. Make a vision board and remind yourself daily so you get that much needed push to stay the course.
- Eat healthy food. Eating a well-balanced meal that is not overly processed will keep your energy levels up. Avoid fast food and unhealthy food items. Lean meat, grains, fresh produce such as fruits and leafy vegetables should be part of your diet.
- Eat on time. Eating on time will help your metabolism stay on point. Resist the urge to delay meal time at all costs. Getting hunger pangs and feeling overly full during the wrong time will just slow you down.
- Have a fitness regimen. Having time solely devoted to fitness will help balance out your body. If time is an issue, you can easily make do with exercise videos that are 30 minutes long. There are many fitness videos that readily available online. No excuses. A fit body and a sound mind are your tools to getting things done at work.
- Organize your tasks. Each day, make a list of tasks according to urgency. Tick them off as you go. Not only will this help you put things in order but seeing things get done will give you a sense of satisfaction as well.
- Declutter your work station. A messy workstation is a big hindrance to productivity. Tidy up your surroundings to regain mental clarity and focus.
- Avoid sound pollution. Loud music, loud relatives and other things that cause sound pollution should not exist in your work area. Get them out of there.
- Detach from your personal social media channels. Work is about being professional. Avoid the urge of Facebooking the day away. Detach ASAP when working.
- Prioritize the most urgent task. Start on the most important task and work your way to the smallest one. This will save you time and you’ll meet your deadline like clockwork all the time.
- Do not get stuck on one activity. If you find a task particularly hard, set it aside and tackle the next one. Don’t stay stuck wasting so much time. Go back to it when you are able to handle it already.
- Use a timer. Timers are not only great in giving you a sense of urgency, it creates discipline. Time each task and make it habit. Your productivity will improve immensely.
- Do things per batch. Do not juggle tasks like you are some magician. Nothing good comes out of this because your focus deteriorates. Do things one at a time.
- Avoid cramming. Cramming will result to bad quality work and more than anything, it will just stress you out. Try to finish your tasks as early as possible to avoid last-minute stress.
- Take mini breaks. Mini breaks are great for regaining your composure. Just make it short and sweet. A ten-minute break for coffee is always a good idea.
- Listen to classical music. Classical music when played in the background stimulates the brain to work better. Listen to Bach, Mozart and the like. Just avoid the loud and distracting ones.
- Avoid the chatty coworker. Gossipmongers should not be your friend during work time. Avoid them at all costs.
- Avoid being chatty yourself. Just like the former, avoid being the gossipmonger yourself. It’s nice to socialize, but do it after you have worked done already.
- Confused about something? Ask. What derails virtual assistants is that they may come across a certain task that they find confusing and succumb to second guessing. Don’t waste your time making assumptions and simply ask for clarifications.
- Be honest. Be humble enough to admit that you might not know how to work on a certain task. After doing thorough research and a viable solution still hasn’t come up, let your client know.
- Never over promise. Never bite more than you can chew. Be realistic with your capabilities and never promise the stars and the moon if you cannot deliver. Your clients will see right through you based on the quality of your output.
- Have some alone time. At the end of the workweek, make time for yourself. This could be as simple as taking a walk or enjoying a new hobby. This will help you enjoy your work life more. Balance is key. All work and no play will also damage your productivity.
- Believe in yourself. Above all else, always believe you can achieve your daily tasks. This positive mindset instills motivation and power to keep you going.
Work from home jobs can get tedious and busy. However, it is also up to you as a virtual assistant to find the best tricks that will work on your favor. Always remind yourself that you can accomplish anything as long as you put your mind into it. Good luck and stay motivated. You got this!
Next: 10 Unusual Tips For Falling Asleep That Really Work
20Four7VA recognizes the challenge of effectively managing an online business – and we are very eager to help. Our company specializes in eCommerce VIRTUAL STAFFING SOLUTIONS, providing customizable and scalable solutions to small, medium, and large enterprise business owners so they can focus on growing their business.
Ready to have access to incredible people with incredible skills in the most cost-effective way? Give us a call at our toll free number 1 (443) 856-4882 today!