Email marketing get to know the basics
Email marketing is one of the strongest strategies that online marketers regularly engage in. It’s not just because it increases sales and provides a better return on investment (although most businesses would be extremely happy with that), but also because it creates more opportunities at a fraction of the cost involved when using traditional media.
Despite naysayers saying that email marketing is dying, they couldn’t be more wrong. It is still one of the most powerful methods for reaching and engaging your target audiences. It’s also a pillar of content marketing.
Not convinced of the value of email marketing? Check out these email marketing stats from Hubspot:
- Two-thirds of emails are read on either smartphones or tablets. (Marketing Land, 2015)
- 48% of emails are opened on a smartphone. (Movable Ink, 2015) 41% of emails are opened on an iPhone. (Movable Ink, 2015)
- Three-quarters of companies agree that email offers “excellent” to “good” ROI. (Econsultancy, 2016)
- Email use worldwide will top 3 billion users by 2020. (The Radicati Group, 2016)
- 64% of people prefer rich text emails. (HubSpot, 2014)
- 86% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with at least monthly, and 15% would like to get them daily. (Statista, 2015)
- The ability to segment email lists and individualize email campaign messaging are the most effective personalization tactics for 51% and 50% of marketing influencers respectively. (Ascend2, 2016)
- Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. (The Direct Marketing Association, 2015)
Email marketing drives brand awareness.
Online customers get more exposed to your brand with each email that you send. By carefully planning your strategy, using targeted content, and incorporating a clever design, you will be able to build up your brand in a consistent manner. This will make it easier for customers to recall your products and services.
Email marketing is easy to carry out.
Email marketing doesn’t really require a huge amount of effort and technical know-how. While it’s no mean feat to create emails using fancy templates, spiffy images, and sharp logos, some of the most successful campaigns utilize simple plain text emails. It’s the content that matters.
Email marketing is measurable.
With email marketing, it’s easy to track and measure your success by utilizing tools such as Google Analytics. Valuable metrics such as delivery and open rates, subscription, retention, and click-to-deliver rates are easily accessible.
What’s more, these metrics provide important insights about your customers’ preferences and behaviors – insights that you can use to fine-tune your email marketing campaign. From there, you can create and utilize a more effective marketing approach.
Email marketing is more cost effective.
One of the most appealing advantages of email marketing is its cost effectiveness. You don’t have to worry about printing costs, advertising fees, and other recurring expenses of traditional marketing. In fact, Direct Marketing Association stated that email marketing brings in $40 for every $1 spend.
Email marketing provides immediate results.
Because potential customers can quickly receive your emails as soon as you hit send, you can start seeing results within minutes of deploying your email strategy.
Email marketing can reach your customers from all over the world.
With email marketing, you can instantly send a message to thousands of your target customers from all over the world. Imagine the cost that it would take if you use traditional methods of marketing.
Over to you. What email marketing strategy are you planning to implement for your business?
20Four7VA recognizes the challenge of effectively managing an online business – and we are very eager to help. Our company specializes in eCommerce VIRTUAL STAFFING SOLUTIONS, providing customizable and scalable solutions to small, medium, and large enterprise business owners so they can focus on growing their business.
Ready to have access to incredible people with incredible skills in the most cost-effective way? Give us a call at our toll free number 1 (443) 856-4882 today!