Why Hire a VA for Your eCommerce Business
eCommerce is rising astronomically: According to reports, in 2017, the eCommerce industry raked in $2.3 trillion — a figure that is expected to rise to $4.5 trillion by 2021. With so many new online stores cropping up though, competition in eCommerce has become so much tougher.
To have an edge over the competition, it’s important to deliver a smooth, stress-free buying experience. This means that you need to have a fast, beautifully designed website, easier checkouts, faster deliveries, and of course, quick and efficient customer service. Whenever a customer asks a question, requests a refund, or writes a comment on your site or on social platforms, they expect an almost instantaneous response.
As the business owner, responding to each and every comment on your business’ Instagram page shouldn’t take top priority. This is where a virtual assistant can help you out.
Benefits of Hiring an eCommerce Virtual Worker
There’s no doubt that entrepreneurs need virtual assistants to run their business effectively. However, many business owners are still on the fence about it. To ease your dilemma, here are the many ways that you can benefit from an eCommerce virtual worker:
- They can be your Brand Ambassador when you’re not around. Between personal commitments and business responsibilities, you don’t have the time or energy to man your store round the clock. Your eCommerce store, on the other hand, is open 24/7. For the times you can’t be there to answer customer queries or monitor orders and feedback, your VA will be the eyes and voice of your brand.
- They can free up your time. From specialized to repetitive tasks, there’s a myriad of obligations you can delegate to a VA. This will give you more free hours for rest or other commitments.
- They don’t require office space and training. Unlike in-house employees, mobile workers don’t require office space or even training.
- They provide cost-effective eCommerce support. You save a ton of money when working with a virtual staff. Besides office space and training costs, you also save on equipment, utility fees, health insurance, and traditional employment bonds.
eCommerce Tasks You Can Outsource to a VA
You’ve learned how your business can benefit from VAs. Now, it’s time to have a look at the different tasks that you can outsource:
- Online Research
- Data Entry
- Market Research
- Social Media Management
- Call Answering
- Email Management
- App and Website Development
- Video Creation
- Content Creation and Management
Why You Should Hire from a Staffing Company
There are usually two ways to hire a virtual assistant: Direct Hire and Working with a Staffing Company. However, more and more entrepreneurs are finding the latter choice more practical.
Here are the benefits of working with a staffing company:
- VAs are pre-screened and trained
- VAs are on the staffing company’s payroll which means less paperwork for you
- VAs are on an independent contract agreement – this frees you from unemployment accountability when you no longer need their service
- Human Resource support should you have issues with the VA
- Staffing companies are responsible for the hiring and recruitment legwork
Because of consumer demands and expectations, virtual assistants have become a necessity in successful eCommerce operations. Make sure to hire a virtual assistant from a credible staffing company. It’s one of the best investments you can make for your business.