VA Resources: Career Planning
Jumping from a regular office job to a career in the virtual assistance industry isn’t as easy as many people think. There are plenty of differences between working in an environment where everyone is expected to be productive versus working at home where the line between work and play often gets blurred.
So what do you do when you are not 100% sure that you can reach the career trajectory you want as a virtual assistant? You plan of course!
Career planning is especially important if you’re moving to unfamiliar territory. So before you start sending out your resume to clients and staffing companies or scoping the online classifieds for virtual career opportunities, you need to map out your career plan first.
To help you plan your perfect VA career, here’s a list of some of our best articles on the topic:
- Want to get that perfect home office that you would just love to work in? Check out this awesome article about 10 Home Office Ideas to Inspire Productivity. From choosing a good working area to figuring out your computer system, this article covers all the basics.
- Want to know what skills you need to master to be an in-demand VA? This article listing down The Most In-Demand VA Skills of 2018 is a great place to start.
- You can’t be the best VA in your field if you’re not equipped with the best tools to do your job. This article lists down The Top 10 Tools for Virtual Workers This 2018. If you want to climb that virtual assistance career ladder fast, then you better start downloading, signing up for, and using these tools.
- Now that you are prepared to take on the best VA jobs, it’s time to work on getting the perfect one. Here’s a great guide on How to Land the Perfect Virtual Assistant Job.
- Need tips for that looming client interview? Check out these 7 Tips to Pass a Client Interview. By following the tips outlined in this article, you will surely ace your next interview in no time.
20Four7VA (247 VA) isn’t the only amazing resource out there when it comes to VA career planning, so here are a couple more helpful links from other websites that you might want to scope out:
- Top 10 Tips for Becoming a Virtual Assistant – This post from the Society of Virtual Assistants in UK is great for setting up your expectations on what working as a virtual assistant is like. Great tips from VAs for VAs.
- 10 Tips for Building a Successful Virtual Assistant Career – This article on online magazine Life Set Go offers a great step-by-step guide on how to build a VA career that actually lasts. It is definitely a must-read for total beginners in the VA world.
When it comes to planning your career as a prolific virtual assistant, you should take all the help you can get. The articles mentioned above can help you speed up your planning and reach your career goals faster. Best of luck!
20Four7VA recognizes the challenge of effectively managing an online business – and we are very eager to help. Our company specializes in eCommerce VIRTUAL STAFFING SOLUTIONS, providing customizable and scalable solutions to small, medium, and large enterprise business owners so they can focus on growing their business.
Ready to have access to incredible people with incredible skills in the most cost-effective way? Give us a call at our toll free number 1 (443) 856-4882 today!